There is a great deal of option of various makes and designs of solstice inflatable kayaks. They will differ by size, weight, load capacity, performance and naturally by rate. I have put together a list of what I believe to be five of the leading inflatable kayaks on the market at this time. Inflatable sit-on-top kayaks are a good option for the newbie as they can be quickly left in the event of a roll.
- 2 adjustable inflatable seats
- Front and rear spray covers
- Colors: blue/white
- White-water ready 9' 6" x 37" Convertible Inflatable Kayak with Drop Stitch Floor
- Tough 1000 Denier nylon super tough fabric
- Multi Position Foot Rests
- Includes: carry bag, repair kit, detachable skew, 2 seats and an owners manual
- Color: blue/white
- 1 or 2 person
- Replacement seat for Solstic #29900 Rogue 1-2 Person Convertible Kayak
- Fits more kayaks and canoes
- Made from durable, heavy-gauge PVC material
- Comfortable for anyone: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest; Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- Dimensions: Inflated size 10 feet 3 x 3 feet x 1 feet 8 inch; Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Directional stability: Removable SKEG for directional stability
- Product Type: OUTDOOR RECREATION PRODUCT
- Package quantity: 1
- No batteries required
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: Light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and sunlight
- High pressure inflation provides extra rigidity and stability, with high pressure spring loaded valves for easy inflation and...
- Includes 2 removable skews for deep and shallow water, 2 floor mounted footrests, 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders,...
- The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling
- The bright green color and sporty graphics make the kayak highly visible in the water
- Two 86 inch aluminum paddles and an Intex high output pump for easy inflation and deflation
- Package length: 26.035 cm
- Package width: 50.165 cm
- Package height: 71.755 cm
- Standard Boston Valve replacement set
- Includes 4 Boston valve replacement inserts
- 2 pieces in each of the two most common styles of Boston valves
Crucial factors in picking a solstice inflatable kayak
First, a look at the cons. The solstice inflatable kayaks are somewhat more difficult to paddle and navigate, and in general do not have the speed of a rigid kayak. This might make a huge difference if purchasing a kayak for touring, however in kayak fishing, speed is not really that big of a deal. Kayak anglers invest the majority of their time sitting still in one area or potentially wandering while casting and recovering, rather than paddling along at full speed. Another factor to consider is that it might be harder to add the various accessories most people like, which is commonly called rigging. On stiff kayaks, it is fairly easy to drill an installing hole into the deck of the kayak and add just about anything an individual may want.
Make certain you are choosing a relied on brand name. There are a few major business that make inflatables, although solstice inflatable kayaks stands out. This kayaks are high quality and cold-welded, which provides joints that do not give. They are made with 1,100 Denier PVC durable product that is stronger than other brands and the double layer of material on the bottom offers extra protection versus rocks and dangers. Saturn inflatable kayaks are also an inexpensive choice with numerous kayak designs beginning at $500.